Sunday, July 3, 2011

Final Journey

On 6/27-28/2011 On our recent camping trip Molly and I shared some very special time releasing some of Kodi's ashes at Dewey's landing and at our campsite "ASH" in Coolidge State Park. I made a last minute decision prior to leaving for VT on 6/25 to bring some of her ashes with us.  Kodi enjoyed many wonderful camping trips in the Whites, VT state parks, Acadia National Park, and a great backpack in the Pharaoh Lake Wilderness in the Adirondaks.

It just  occurred to me that we scattered her "ashes" at the "ASH" lean-to. What a coincidence this is.  Ben and Martha are both at peace  here in close proximity to the Alder lean-to.

I brought my IPOD and was playing some special songs that were appropriate for our memorial.  I sat quietly and looked out at the Killington "massif" recalling the wonderful times we shared in VT.   It was a picture perfect day and I saw a Red Tail Hawk soaring high in the open spaces.  I asked this majestic bird of prey to please look after Kodi for us.
                       
              "Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take...
               But by the moments that take your breath away."
                                                    ~Anonymous

                                         Killington "Massif"

      
             KODI...this one's for you.  "LONG MAY YOU RUN" my friend...

                     
                         BEAUTIFUL DEWEY'S LANDING-QUECHEE, VT






                           "I found your spot under the rhody bush.
                            Hope you don't mind if I borrow it.
                            You will always be "top dog!"
                            "I love you Kodi. I miss you lots."
                            Pink flower for Kodi placed by "mom".
     
                            "Do not stand at my grave and weep
                             I am not there. I do not sleep.
                             I am a thousand winds that blow.
                             I am the diamond glints on snow.
                             I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
                             I am the gentle autumn rain.
                             When you awaken in the morning's hush
                             I am the swift uplifting rush
                             Of quiet birds in circled flight.
                             I am the soft stars that shine at night.
                             Do not stand at my grave and cry;
                             I am not there. I did not die."
                                          -Mary E. Frye

1 comment:

  1. What a great weekend for you two! Very nice photos.

    ReplyDelete