Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Grand Granville State Park

6/19/11  What a  day!  The verdant green of summer penetrates to the very core of my being. Mom and I move at a leisurely pace absorbing the intense beauty and smells of this area. YES! The river is running high. It's my very first spring in the woods so I had no idea what to expect.  Plenty of nice cold water for a quick dip and nice long drink.

         I DID IT!  All four on a rock.  What a sense of balance I have.
         
We hiked for a good 2 hrs.   No wildlife noted unless that includes teen humans.  We caught fleeting glimpses of a few in the buff diving off rocks in the No Swim Zone.  I enjoy swimming with my big fur coat.  Mom doesn't seem concerned if I muddy up the FJ.  Why get hung up on the insignificant things in life...like clothes.  Mom is teaching me that life is way too short to not get "down and dirty". Enjoy!
 
                    Now this could scare the crap out of anyone! 

I moved along quickly.  I needed to relieve myself but picked a safer spot.  Dogs have that flexibility but mom doesn't always like my selections in the living room.   She does take into consideration the fact that I have had a very serious bladder problem which I hope will soon be one for the history books and I can move on.  Pills, pills, and more pills!

                               What's going on in there???

                            
                   What a cutie I am!  Sooo photogenic indeed.
                  When can we return to this little piece of heaven?

Lots of pretty wildflowers for mom to admire and her very favorite at the gate. Mountain Laurel! We hike out having shared a wonderful afternoon together in this most beautiful place.


 The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment